The 'Get PDF Text Layer' flow action extracts and returns the text layer from the PDF document provided.
Whilst this action is limited to extracting text from PDF documents, simply convert files to PDF format using the 'Convert to PDF' flow action prior to executing this action to enable text to be extracted from 70+ different files types.
Please refer to the Supported Document Types articles for a complete list of the different file formats / document types which are supported for PDF conversion.
The default 'Get PDF Text Layer' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Filename: The PDF filename (including file extension)
- File Content: (Optional) A Base64 encoded representation of the PDF file to be processed.
- Operation ID: (Optional) The ID of a parent operation, please refer to: Flow Action Return Options: File Content vs. Operation ID
Please refer to the Obtaining the 'File Contents' Parameter article for guidance on how to obtain the 'File Content' parameter ready to provide to an Encodian flow action.
The advanced 'Get PDF Text Layer' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Start Page: Sets the page number to begin text extraction from, defaults to the documents first page.
- End Page: Sets the page number to end text layer extraction from, defaults to the documents last page.
- Encoding Type: Sets the encoding type used for text extraction, defaults to UTF8.
- Final Operation: Sets whether the this is last Encodian flow action.
Please refer to the Flow Action Return Options: File Content vs. Operation ID article for further details on the 'Final Operation' parameter.
The 'Get PDF Text Layer' flow action returns the following data:
Action Specific Values
- Text Layer - The text layer extracted from the PDF document.
Standard Return Values
- Filename - The filename of the document.
- FileContent - The processed document content.
- OperationId - The unique ID assigned to this operation.
- HttpStatusCode - The HTTP Status code for the response.
- HttpStatusMessage - The HTTP Status message for the response.
- Errors - An array of error messages should an error occur.
- Operation Status - Indicates whether the operation has completed, has been queued or has failed.