The 'Get PDF Text Layer' flow action extracts and returns the text layer from the PDF document provided.
Whilst this action is limited to extracting text from PDF documents, simply convert files to PDF format using the 'Convert to PDF' flow action prior to executing this action to enable text to be extracted from 70+ different file types.
Please refer to the Supported Document Types articles for a complete list of the different file formats/document types which are supported for PDF conversion.
The default 'Get PDF Text Layer' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Filename: The PDF filename (including the file extension)
- File Content: A Base64 encoded representation of the PDF file to be processed.
Please refer to the Obtaining the 'File Contents' Parameter article for guidance on how to obtain the 'File Content' parameter ready to provide to an Encodian flow action.
The advanced 'Get PDF Text Layer' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Start Page: Sets the page number to begin text extraction from, defaults to the document's first page.
- End Page: Sets the page number to end text layer extraction from, defaults to the document's last page.
- Encoding Type: Sets the encoding type used for text extraction, and defaults to UTF8.
- Return File: (Advanced) Sets whether the action should return a file or alternatively an operation ID: Flow Action Return Options: File Content vs. Operation ID
The 'Get PDF Text Layer' flow action returns the following data:
Action Specific Values
- Text Layer - The text layer is extracted from the PDF document.
Standard Return Values
- Filename - The filename of the document.
- FileContent - The processed document content.
- OperationId - The unique ID assigned to this operation.
- HttpStatusCode - The HTTP Status code for the response.
- HttpStatusMessage - The HTTP Status message for the response.
- Errors - An array of error messages should an error occur.
- Operation Status - Indicates whether the operation has been completed, has been queued or has failed.