The 'Convert to PDF' flow action converts the file provided into a PDF document aligned to the configuration options provided.
Please refer to the Supported File Type articles for a complete list of the 70+ different file formats / document types which are supported for conversion.
Please review the following article detailing how to use the Encodian 'Convert to PDF' action to automatically convert documents stored in SharePoint document libraries to PDF format: Automatically convert SharePoint documents to PDF Format
The default 'Convert to PDF' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- File Content: A Base64 encoded representation of the file to be converted.
- PDF Filename: The filename to assign to the resulting PDF document.
- Filename: The filename (including file extension) of the file to be converted.
Please refer to the Obtaining the 'File Contents' Parameter article for guidance on how to obtain the 'File Content' parameter ready to provide to an Encodian flow action.
The advanced 'Convert to PDF' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Remove Markup: Sets whether comments and tracked changes should be removed from the document upon conversion. This option is only executed for Microsoft Office documents.
- PDF/A Compliant: Sets whether the resulting document should conform to PDF/A format.
- PDF/A Compliance Level: Sets the required level of PDF/A compliance.
- Generate Bookmarks: Set whether bookmarks should be automatically created for Microsoft Word documents which are converted to PDF.
- Culture Name: This setting only applies to Microsoft Excel documents and is used to set the culture for the workbook prior to conversion. Please refer to the Culture Names article for a list of supported cultures.
- Return File: (Advanced) Sets whether the action should return a file or alternatively an operation ID: Flow Action Return Options: File Content vs. Operation ID
Please refer to the Flow Action Return Options: File Content vs. Operation ID article for further details on the 'Return File' parameter.