We are Encodian Solutions Ltd, the provider of the following software products and services:
- Encodian Flowr
- Encodian Vertr
- Encodian Trigr
- Encodian Filer
- Encodian Indxr
As a business, we consider the protection of your data and privacy paramount. We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union and the United Kingdom and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
By visiting our website www.encodian.com and any other Encodian online website (support.encodian.com, account.encodian.com) or by using any product or service provided by Encodian Solutions Ltd, then you are deemed to have accepted and consented to the terms outlined within this policy.
For the purpose of the data protection laws applicable to us, the data controller is Encodian Solutions Ltd of Blythe Valley IC, Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, B90 8AJ. Encodian Solutions Ltd are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner's Office (registration number ZA765320 ).
- Our websites, products and services
- Our collection and use of your personal information
- Our legal basis for processing your personal information
- Who we share your personal information with
- Transfer of your information out of the UK and EEA
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Your rights
- Keeping your personal information secure
- How to complain
- How to contact us
Our websites, products and services
Throughout our websites, products and services we may link to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties. These other third-party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Our collection and use of your personal information
We collect personal information about you when you access our websites, use our products and services, register with us, contact us, send us feedback, request support, purchase products or services, post material to our website and complete customer surveys.
We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you register with us, contact us or purchase products or services or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website (see ‘Cookies’ below).
The personal information we collect about you depends on the activities carried out. This information includes:
- your name, address and contact details
- bank account and payment details
- details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
- information about the services we provide to you
- your account details, such as username, login details
We use this personal information to:
- create and manage your account with us
- verify your identity
- provide goods and services to you
- customise our websites, products and services to your particular preferences
- notify you of any changes to our websites, products and services that may affect you
- provide you software and services
- to provide support services
- improve our services
Encodian websites, products and services are not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases on which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests)
Who we share your personal information with
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Our hosting partners (Microsoft) and third parties we use to help provide software and services.
- Google, for website analytics capabilities.
- Our payment services providers (Quaderno and Stripe)
- Providers of application support and related services (including Zendesk), to help us address any issues you may raise with the operation of the software or the services.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Transfer of your information out of the UK and EEA
We may transfer your personal information to the following territories which are located outside the United Kingdom (UK) and European Economic Area (EEA) as follows:
- The United States of America to process payments and manage your Encodian subscriptions.
Such countries do not have the same data protection laws as the UK and EEA. While the European Commission has not given a formal decision that the United States of America provide an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the UK and EEA, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to standard EU ‘model clauses’, or a third party’s EU-US Privacy Shield certification that are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information.
If you would like further information please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Encodian Solutions Ltd of Blythe Valley IC, Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, B90 8AJ.
We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the UK and EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your device (eg computer, smartphone or other electronic devices) when you use our website.
Encodian websites use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Cookies are used to analyse how users use the website and collated information (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on their servers hosted in the United States of America. Google will use the information provided to compile usage reports and statistics for analysing website usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Encodian uses Zendesk cookies to help us provide support for our software. For information about Zendesk cookies and how to reject or delete them, visit this page.
We would like to send you information about products and services, which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call.
If you have previously agreed to be contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by:
- Sending an email to email@example.com, or writing to Encodian Solutions Ltd of Blythe Valley IC, Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, B90 8AJ.
- Using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails
It may take up to 5 working days for this to take place.
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see ‘Your rights’ below.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise, restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals' rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Encodian Solutions Ltd of Blythe Valley IC, Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, B90 8AJ.
- let us have enough information to identify you (Email address, Subscription API Key), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates including any account or reference numbers if you have them.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your data is encrypted both in transit and at rest. Encodian services utilise 256-bit AES encryption for transient data storage encryption and SHA-256 with RSA Encryption SSL certificates for all API services. All our API services use TLS1.2 as a minimum and enforce the HTTPS protocol.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in a European Economic Area state or in the United Kingdom if you work, normally live or if any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred in the relevant state. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by telephone: [0303 123 1113].
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
Please send an email to email@example.com and write Encodian Solutions Ltd of Blythe Valley IC, Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Business Park, Solihull, B90 8AJ.