The 'Compress PowerPoint' action applies compression to the PowerPoint or presentation file provided. The advanced options provide the ability to customise which compression actions should be applied.
Input File Types
The following file types are supported for compression
The default 'Compress PowerPoint' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Filename: The filename (including the file extension) of the file to be converted.
- File Content: A Base64 encoded representation of the PowerPoint file to be processed.
Please refer to the Obtaining the 'File Contents' Parameter article for guidance on how to obtain the 'File Content' parameter ready to provide to an Encodian flow action.
The advanced 'Compress PowerPoint' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Image Compression Rate: Sets the compression rate for images. A higher compression rate generates smaller file sizes.
- Remove Embedded Fonts: Compresses the file provided by removing unused characters from embedded fonts
- Remove Unused Layout Slides: Compresses the file provided by removing unused layout slides.
- Remove Unused Master Slides: Compresses the file provided by removing unused master slides.
- Culture Name: This setting is used to set the culture for the document prior to conversion. Please refer to the Culture Names article for a list of supported cultures.
The 'Compress PowerPoint' flow action returns the following data.
Action Specific Return Values
- Filename - The filename of the processed file.
- File Content - The compressed file (Base64)
Standard Return Values
- OperationId - The unique ID assigned to this operation.
- HttpStatusCode - The HTTP Status code for the response.
- HttpStatusMessage - The HTTP Status message for the response.
- Errors - An array of error messages should an error occur.
- Operation Status - Indicates whether the operation has been completed, has been queued or has failed.