The 'Get Tracked Changes' action for Power Automate obtains all of the tracked changes data (comments and changes) for the Microsoft Word document provided, and returns the data as a JSON formatted string.
Input File Types
The following file types are supported:
Please refer to the following example solutions:
The default 'Get Tracked Changes' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- File Content: The file content of the source Microsoft Word file
Please refer to the Obtaining the 'File Contents' Parameter article for guidance on how to obtain the 'File Content' parameter ready to provide to an Encodian flow action.
The advanced 'Get Tracked Changes' Power Automate action parameters are detailed below:
- Include Comments: Set whether comments should be included within the tracked changes result(s)
- Culture Name: This setting is used to set the culture for the document prior to conversion. Please refer to the Culture Names article for a list of supported cultures
The 'Get Tracked Changes' flow action returns the following data.
Standard Return Values
- JSON - Tracked Changes - A JSON formatted string containing tracked changes details
- JSON - Comments - A JSON formatted string containing comments
- OperationId - The unique ID assigned to this operation.
- HttpStatusCode - The HTTP Status code for the response.
- HttpStatusMessage - The HTTP Status message for the response.
- Errors - An array of error messages should an error occur.
- Operation Status - Indicates whether the operation has been completed, has been queued or has failed.