NOTE: This action will be globally available May 2022
The 'Merge Excel Files' flow action merges up to 1000 Microsoft Excel files (and related formats) provided in a JSON array to a single file.
Input File Types
The following file types are supported for files to be merged:
Output File Types
The merged output can be saved as any of the following file formats:
The default 'Merge Excel Files' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Filename: The filename of the output excel file
- Output Format: The format of the output excel file
- Documents: The array of files to be processed
As a manually entered array:
- Filename: The filename of the source file (including the file extension)
- File Content: A Base64 encoded representation of the source file
- Sort Position: Set the sort position for the document within the array, lowest number first.
- Worksheets to Merge: Specify which worksheets from the source file should be included within the output
As an array object:
Documents - JSON Schema
The JSON provided within the documents parameter should conform to the following schema:
"fileName": "<Filename including extension>",
"fileContent": "<File contents (Base 64 string)>",
"sortPosition": <Optional - Sort position number>,
"worksheetsToMerge": [<Optional - int array>]
The 'Merge Excel Files' flow action returns the following data.
Action Specific Return Values
- File Content - The processed file (Base64)
Standard Return Values
- OperationId - The unique ID assigned to this operation.
- HttpStatusCode - The HTTP Status code for the response.
- HttpStatusMessage - The HTTP Status message for the response.
- Errors - An array of error messages should an error occur.
- Operation Status - Indicates whether the operation has completed, has been queued or has failed.