The 'Get PDF Form Data' action extracts data from a filled PDF document and returns the data in JSON format allowing further actions to be undertaken.
Please refer to the following article detailing an example of how to extract PDF Form data and create items within a SharePoint list: Extracting PDF form data using Microsoft Flow
The default 'Get PDF Form Data' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- File Content: A Base64 encoded representation of the PDF file.
Please refer to the Obtaining the 'File Contents' Parameter article for guidance on how to obtain the 'File Content' parameter ready to provide to an Encodian flow action.
The advanced 'Get PDF Form Data' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Operation ID: (Advanced) The ID of a parent operation, please refer to Flow Action Return Options: File Content vs. Operation ID
The 'Get PDF Form Data' flow action returns extracted data in JSON format contained within the 'Form Data' variable, an example payload is provided below for reference:
"Manager Name": "Jay Goodison",
"Total Days Requested": "4",
"Employee Signature": null,
"Employee Name": "Bill Gates",
"Send Form": null,
"Request Date": "9/6/19",
"Date To": "10/1/19",
"Date From": "10/4/19"
The 'Get PDF Form Data' flow action returns the following data.
Standard Return Values
- Form Data - The data extracted from the form in JSON format.
- Filename - An automatically assigned filename.
- FileContent - The original PDF document content (Base 64).
- OperationId - The unique ID assigned to this operation.
- HttpStatusCode - The HTTP Status code for the response.
- HttpStatusMessage - The HTTP Status message for the response.
- Errors - An array of error messages should an error occur.
- Operation Status - Indicates whether the operation has been completed, has been queued or has failed.