The 'Compress an Image' flow action compresses either a 'PNG' or 'JPG' image file to reduce the size of the file. Re-compressing previously compressed files can result in image quality reduction.
To resize an image, please review the Resize an Image documentation.
Please refer to the following article detailing how to use the Encodian 'Compress an Image' and 'Resize an Image' actions to reduce the size of image files generated within PowerApps using Microsoft Flow: Reduce the size of images generated by PowerApps with Flow
The default 'Compress an Image' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- File Content: A Base64 encoded representation of the image file to be converted
- Image Type: Select the file format of the image file provided.
Please refer to the Obtaining the 'File Contents' Parameter article for guidance on how to obtain the 'File Content' parameter ready to provide to an Encodian flow action.
The 'Compress an Image' flow action returns the following data.
Standard Return Values
- Filename - An arbitrary filename for the processed image file.
- FileContent - The processed image content (Base 64).
- OperationId - The unique ID assigned to this operation.
- HttpStatusCode - The HTTP Status code for the response.
- HttpStatusMessage - The HTTP Status message for the response.
- Errors - An array of error messages should an error occur.
- Operation Status - Indicates whether the operation has completed, has been queued or has failed.