The 'Set PDF Document Privileges' flow action applies the specified security configuration to the PDF document provided. This flow action sets the allowed user privileges (Copy, Print, Modify Contents +more), please refer to the Secure PDF Document article if you need to encrypt and password protect the PDF document.
The default 'Set PDF Document Privileges' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Filename: The PDF filename (including file extension).
- File Content: (Optional) A Base64 encoded representation of the PDF file to be processed.
- Operation ID: (Optional) The ID of a parent operation, please refer to: Flow Action Return Options: File Content vs. Operation ID
- Privileges: Set whether PDF document privileges are all allowed or denied, or whether specific privileges should be allowed or denied.
Please refer to the Obtaining the 'File Contents' Parameter article for guidance on how to obtain the 'File Content' parameter ready to provide to an Encodian flow action.
The following advanced parameters are only applied when the default 'Privileges' parameter is set to 'Specific'.
The advanced 'Set PDF Document Privileges' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Privilege - Assembly: Allows or denies the privilege to assemble the document (insert, rotate, or delete pages and create bookmarks or thumbnail images), even if is clear.
- Privilege - Copy: Allows or denies the privilege to copy or otherwise extract text and graphics from the document.
- Privilege - Fill in Forms: Allows or denies the privilege to fill in interactive form fields (including signature fields).
- Privilege - Print: Allows or denies the privilege to print the document.
- Privilege - Screen Readers: Allows or denies the privilege user a screen reader.
- Privilege - Modify Contents: Allows or denies the privilege to modify the contents of the document by operations other than those controlled by
- Privilege - Modify Annotations: Allows or denies the privilege to add or modify text annotations and fill in form fields.
- Final Operation: Sets whether the this is last Encodian flow action.
Please refer to the Flow Action Return Options: File Content vs. Operation ID article for further details on the 'Final Operation' parameter.