The 'Secure PDF Document' flow action applies the specified security configuration to the PDF document provided. This flow action will encrypt, password protect and set the allowed user privileges (Copy, Print, Modify Contents +more).
The default 'Secure PDF Document' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Filename: The PDF filename (including file extension).
- File Content: (Optional) A Base64 encoded representation of the PDF file to be processed.
- Operation ID: (Optional) The ID of a parent operation, please refer to: Flow Action Return Options: File Content vs. Operation ID
- User Password: Set the user password used to secure the document.
- Admin Password: Set the admin password used to secure the document.
- Privileges: Set whether PDF document privileges are all allowed or denied, or whether specific privileges should be allowed or denied.
The 'User Password' should be shared with any user who needs to open and view the converted PDF document. The 'Admin Password' should be safely stored, and used where permissions within the document need to be changed, covering printing, editing, commenting, etc. Documents will only be secured when both passwords are provided.
Please refer to the Obtaining the 'File Contents' Parameter article for guidance on how to obtain the 'File Content' parameter ready to provide to an Encodian flow action.
The advanced 'Secure PDF Document' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Cryptographic Algorithm: Sets the encryption algorithm used to encrypt the document.
Note: the following advanced parameters are only applied when the default 'Privileges' parameter is set to 'Specific'.
- Privilege - Assembly: Allows or denies the privilege to assemble the document (insert, rotate, or delete pages and create bookmarks or thumbnail images), even if is clear.
- Privilege - Copy: Allows or denies the privilege to copy or otherwise extract text and graphics from the document.
- Privilege - Fill in Forms: Allows or denies the privilege to fill in interactive form fields (including signature fields).
- Privilege - Print: Allows or denies the privilege to print the document.
- Privilege - Screen Readers: Allows or denies the privilege user a screen reader.
- Privilege - Modify Contents: Allows or denies the privilege to modify the contents of the document by operations other than those controlled by
- Privilege - Modify Annotations: Allows or denies the privilege to add or modify text annotations and fill in form fields.