*** AVAILABLE EARLY JUNE 2020 ***
The 'Fill a PDF Form' Power Automate action populates the PDF Form provided with the JSON form data provided.
Whilst this action supports both XFA and (Adobe) Acroforms, the action provides greater support for changing data within (Adobe) Acroforms.
The default 'Fill a PDF Form' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- File Content: A Base64 encoded representation of the PDF Form file to be processed
- Form Data: The JSON data to populate with the PDF Form with
Form Data Guidance
Data should be provided aligned to this simple schematic:
The field name must refer to the name of the field from within the PDF Form, for example:
The following JSON should be used to update the value of the field depicted above:
The following JSON should be used to update the value of a checkbox field, where true is equal to checked and false is equal to unchecked.
The following JSON should be used to update drop down lists which allow multiple options to be selected:
"ListBoxFieldName1":"Option 1, Option 3, Option 9"
Radio Button Option Fields
The following JSON should be used to update a radio button group, where the value specified maps to the radio button selected. For example;
NOTE: The group name should be used as the field name value and not the individual field name of the targeted radio-button.
We recommend the following website to for validating your JSON data: https://jsonlint.com/
The 'Fill a PDF Form' flow action returns the following data.
Action Specific Return Values
- File Content - The processed PDF Form (Base64)
Standard Return Values
- OperationId - The unique ID assigned to this operation.
- HttpStatusCode - The HTTP Status code for the response.
- HttpStatusMessage - The HTTP Status message for the response.
- Errors - An array of error messages should an error occur.
- Operation Status - Indicates whether the operation has completed, has been queued or has failed.