The 'Extract Text from Image (OCR)' Power Automate action will perform OCR on the image provided and returned the extracted text.
The default 'Extract Text from Image (OCR)' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Image Type: Select the image file format
- File Content: The file content of the source image file
The advanced 'Extract Text from Image (OCR)' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Clean Operations: Set whether page level clean-up operations should be performed, the default option will auto rotate, auto deskew and auto despeckle each page within the PDF Document.
The following advanced options only apply when the 'Clean Operations' property has been set to 'Specific':
- Rotate: Automatically detects orientation and rotates it so that the text on it is upright oriented.
- Rotate Confidence Level: Sets the minimum confidence percentage (0 to 100) used to control whether the rotation is applied.
- Deskew: Detects the skew angle and rotates to remove that skew.
- Despeckle: Automatically detects speckles and removes them.
- Adjust Brightness and Contrast: This action analyses a document and automatically adjusts brightness and contrast based on the analysis.
- Remove Border: Locates border pixels and removes the pixels from the document.
- Smooth Background: This works only on colour and grayscale documents. This operation smooths background colours to eliminate or de-emphasise noise.
- Smooth Objects: This only works on bi-tonal documents, it looks at groups of pixels, and finds isolated bumps and pits in the edges of those objects, and fills them in.
- Remove Dot Shading: This action will remove shaded regions from bi-tonal documents.
- Image Detergent: Image Detergent works by changing pixels of similar colour values to a central colour value, which has the result of smoothing the image wherever regions of those colours appear.
- Average Filter: Performs a 3x3 Average filter smoothing operation on the document, placing the output in the centre of the window.
- Remove Hole Punch: Detects and removes hole punch marks from a bi-tonal document.
- Binarize: Computes all necessary parameters by analysing the input data before actually performing the binarization. The algorithm is tuned to typical document images, consisting of dark text on the brighter background. It is robust to shadows, noise and background images.
The 'Extract Text from Image (OCR)' flow action returns the following data.
Action Specific Return Values
- Text - The text extracted from the image provided.
Standard Return Values
- OperationId - The unique ID assigned to this operation.
- HttpStatusCode - The HTTP Status code for the response.
- HttpStatusMessage - The HTTP Status message for the response.
- Errors - An array of error messages should an error occur.
- Operation Status - Indicates whether the operation has been completed, has been queued or has failed.