The 'Read QR Code - Document' Power Automate action will automatically locate and read any QR Code from either PDF or Microsoft Word documents.
Please refer to the following article showcasing the 'Read QR Code - Document' Power Automate action: Create and Read Barcodes with Power Automate and Power Apps
The default 'Read QR Code - Document' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- File Type: Select the type of file provided
- File Content: A Base64 encoded representation of the file to be processed
The advanced 'Read QR Code - Document' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Confidence - Set the confidence level for barcode detection
- Remove Control Characters - Set whether recognised control characters should be removed
The 'Read QR Code - Document' flow action utilises OCR to detect QR codes within the PDF file provided. This is a resource-intensive operation, therefore a single action is recorded for every five pages processed, for example, a 10-page document equates to 2 actions.
The 'Read QR Code - Document' flow action returns the following data.
Action Specific Return Values
- QR Codes -An array of 'QR Codes Item' each containing the barcode value
Standard Return Values
- OperationId - The unique ID assigned to this operation.
- HttpStatusCode - The HTTP Status code for the response.
- HttpStatusMessage - The HTTP Status message for the response.
- Errors - An array of error messages should an error occur.
- Operation Status - Indicates whether the operation has been completed, has been queued or has failed.