**Available from mid November 2019**
The 'Split PDF' flow action splits the PDF document provided into multiple separate PDF documents according to the 'Split Configuration' provided.
The default 'Split PDF' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Filename: The filename of the source PDF document (including the file extension)
- File Content: A Base64 encoded representation of the PDF document
- Split by Type: Set the option for splitting the PDF Document
- Split Configuration: Specify the relevant split configuration aligned to the 'Split by Type' option
Split by Type Options
The 'Split PDF' flow action provides three different options for splitting the PDF document:
- NumberOfPages: Splits PDF documents by the number of pages specified.
- PageArray: Splits PDF documents utilising the array configuration provided
- BookmarkLevel: Splits PDF documents by the level of the bookmark (Table of Contents)
Number of Pages - Example:
The following configuration would split a PDF document into collections of 5 pages, i.e. a 20-page document would create 4 separate documents.
Page Array - Example:
The following configuration will split the PDF document into three separate documents with the first document containing pages 1 to 3, the second document pages 7 to 18 and the last document pages 19 to 20.
Bookmark Level - Example:
The following configuration would split a PDF document into a separate document for each level 1 entry (and its contained pages) within the PDF documents bookmarks (Table of Contents).
NOTE: A PDF document is split by pages only and not page content, i.e. if two sections were contained on the same page the result would provide two PDF documents with the same content.
The advanced 'Split PDF' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Operation ID: (Advanced) The ID of a parent operation, please refer to: Flow Action Return Options: File Content vs. Operation ID
The 'Split PDF' flow action returns the following data.
Action Specific Return Values
- Documents - The collection of PDF Documents created from the PDF document supplied
Each document within the documents collection contains the following values:
- Documents Filename - The filename of the file
- Documents File Content - The file content of the file
Example Flow Configuration:
Standard Return Values
- OperationId - The unique ID assigned to this operation.
- HttpStatusCode - The HTTP Status code for the response.
- HttpStatusMessage - The HTTP Status message for the response.
- Errors - An array of error messages should an error occur.
- Operation Status - Indicates whether the operation has completed, has been queued or has failed.