The 'Add Rows to Excel' Power Automate action allows you to add rows to the file provided.
Input File Types
The following file types are supported:
The default 'Add Rows to Excel' flow action parameters are detailed below which are contextually based on the selected Output format:
- File Content: A Base64 encoded representation of the Excel file to be processed.
- Row Data: The JSON dataset to be processed and added as rows to the Excel file provided
The advanced 'Add Rows to Excel' flow action parameters are detailed below:
All output formats:
- Insert from Row: The row number after which the data provided will be inserted
- Insert from Column: The column number after which the data provided will be inserted
- Worksheet Name: Specify the name of a specific worksheet
- Convert Numeric and Date: Auto parse numeric and date values, setting the cell format category to 'Number' or 'Date'
- Date Format: Set the date and time format - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/standard/base-types/custom-date-and-time-format-strings
- Numeric Format: Set the numeric format - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/standard/base-types/standard-numeric-format-strings
- Ignore Attribute Titles: Ignores titles of JSON attributes when converting JSON to Excel
- Ignore Null Values: Ignore JSON properties which contain null values
- Culture Name: This setting is used to set the culture for the workbook prior to conversion. Please refer to the Culture Names article for a list of supported cultures.
The 'Add Rows to Excel' flow action returns the following data.
Action Specific Return Values
- File Content - The processed file (Base64)
Standard Return Values
- OperationId - The unique ID assigned to this operation.
- HttpStatusCode - The HTTP Status code for the response.
- HttpStatusMessage - The HTTP Status message for the response.
- Errors - An array of error messages should an error occur.
- Operation Status - Indicates whether the operation has been completed, has been queued or has failed.