** AVAILABLE MARCH 2024 **
The 'Update Rows in Excel' action updates the specified rows in the Excel file provided.
Input File Types
The following file types are supported:
The default 'Update Rows in Excel' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- File Content: A Base64 encoded representation of the Excel file to be processed
- Row Data: The JSON dataset to be processed and added as rows to the Excel file provided
- Update from Row: The row number which the data provided will start updating from
- Update from Column: The column number which the data provided will start updating from
Please refer to the Obtaining the 'File Contents' Parameter article for guidance on how to obtain the 'File Content' parameter ready to provide to an Encodian flow action.
The advanced 'Get Rows from Excel' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Worksheet Name: Set the name of a specific worksheet to be updated
- Convert Numeric and Date: Auto parse numeric and date values, setting the cell format category to 'Number' or 'Date'
- Date Format: Set the date and time format - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/standard/base-types/custom-date-and-time-format-strings
- Numeric Format: Set the numeric format - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/standard/base-types/standard-numeric-format-strings
- Ignore Attribute Titles: Ignores titles of JSON attributes when converting JSON to Excel
- Ignore Null Values: Ignore JSON properties which contain null values
- Culture Name: This setting is used to set the culture for the workbook prior to conversion. Please refer to the Culture Names article for a list of supported cultures.
The 'Update Rows in Excel' flow action returns the following data.
Action Specific Return Values
- File Content - The processed file (Base64)
Standard Return Values
- OperationId - The unique ID assigned to this operation.
- HttpStatusCode - The HTTP Status code for the response.
- HttpStatusMessage - The HTTP Status message for the response.
- Errors - An array of error messages should an error occur.
- Operation Status - Indicates whether the operation has been completed, has been queued or has failed.