Before we continue and configure Encodian Trigr, you must make sure you either have purchased a paid subscription or signed up for a trial. If you need to sign up for a trial please visit: Sign up for a Trigr Trial
There are two steps to creating a Trigr Action:
Please submit a ticket to our support team if you have any questions or issues following this article.
Step One: Create the Power Automate Flow
Firstly we need to create a Power Automate Flow which we would like to make available to all users via the Trigr app. If you have not installed the Trigr app, please review: Trigr App Deployment and Installation
1. Navigate to https://make.powerautomate.com
2. Click 'New flow > Automated cloud flow'
3. Configure the new Flow form as follows:
3.a. Flow name: Enter a name for your Flow
3.b. Choose your Flow's trigger: Select the Encodian 'When a user runs a Trigr' Power Automate trigger action.
3.c. Click 'Create'
NOTE: If you have not already created an Encodian connection, you will be prompted for an API Key; please enter your API Key, which can be found: https://account.encodian.com/trigr/apikey
If you require further guidance, please review the following article: Create an Encodian Connection in Power Automate for Trigr
4. Complete the fields on the Encodian 'When a user runs a Trigr' Power Automate trigger action.
4.a. Title: The value entered will later identify this Flow within the Encodian admin portal
5. Configure your Power Automate Flow to perform the required actions.
NOTE: The Encodian 'When a user runs a Trigr' Power Automate trigger action provides all of the information related to the item(s) selected by the user; for more details on the data provided, please review the following article: 'When a user runs a Trigr' overview
6. Now that your Flow is created, proceed to 'Part Two' to configure your Trigr action within the Encodian account portal.
Step Two: Create the 'Trigr Action'
1. Log in to the Encodian Account Portal: https://account.encodian.com
2. Navigate to 'Encodian Trigr > Configuration'
3. Click 'Add Action'
4. Select the Microsoft Flow to associate with this Trigr action
4.a. Title: This will auto-populate from the data set within the Power Automate Flow, update if required.
4.b. Description: This will auto-populate from the data set within the Power Automate Flow, update if required.
4.c. Run Message: Enter a message which will be displayed to the user once the action has been started.
4.d. Appear In: Set whether the action should appear in document libraries, lists or both.
4.e. Site Management: Set whether the action should appear in all sites or one or more specific sites
5. The Trigr action has been created
6. The Trigr action will now appear within the Trigr App within SharePoint