The 'Update Word - Hyperlinks' flow action provides the capability to search for and update hyperlinks within a Microsoft Word document. The action allows the hyperlink text and URL values to be independently updated.
Input File Types
The following file types are supported:
The default 'Update Word - Hyperlinks' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Filename: The Word filename (including the file extension)
- File Content: A Base64 encoded representation of the file to be processed.
- Hyperlinks: An array of hyperlinks (See below for further details)
Processing a hyperlink is executed in two parts:
- Find the hyperlinks within the Word document to update
- Update each hyperlink which has been found
The following three properties are used to find the collection of hyperlinks contained within the Microsoft Word document which should be updated.
- Search On: Set whether the search should be performed on the hyperlink text or URL value
- Search Value: The hyperlink text or URL value to locate
- Is Expression: Set whether the 'Search Value' value should be evaluated as a regular expression, the default value is 'false'.
The following four properties are used to update the collection of hyperlinks which have been found:
- Text Current Value: The text value to replace, leave blank to replace the entire value
- Text New Value: The new text value to set
- URL Current Value: The URL value to replace, leave blank to replace the entire value
- URL New Value: The new URL value to set
Multiple hyperlinks can be included within a single operation. To add more than one phrase click the 'Add new item' button:
We recommend using the https://regexr.com/ site for regular expression creation and testing.
The advanced 'Update Word - Hyperlinks' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Culture Name: This setting is used to set the culture for the document prior to conversion. Please refer to the Culture Names article for a list of supported cultures.
The 'Update Word - Hyperlinks' flow action returns the following data.
Standard Return Values
- Filename - The filename of the document.
- FileContent - The processed Word document content.
- OperationId - The unique ID assigned to this operation.
- HttpStatusCode - The HTTP Status code for the response.
- HttpStatusMessage - The HTTP Status message for the response.
- Errors - An array of error messages should an error occur.
- Operation Status - Indicates whether the operation has been completed, has been queued or has failed.