** AVAILABLE AUGUST 2020 **
The 'Convert Mail Message' Power Automate action converts an email message file (MSG or EML) and optionally its contained attachments to a PDF document.
The default 'Convert Mail Message' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Filename: The filename (including file extension) of the file to be converted (MSG or EML).
- File Content: A Base64 encoded representation of the Email Message file to be processed
- Merge Attachments: Set whether attachments contained within the email message should be converted and included within the output PDF document.
The advanced 'Convert Mail Message' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Generate Bookmarks: Set whether bookmarks should be automatically created for Microsoft Word documents which are converted to PDF.
- PDF/A Compliant: Sets whether the resulting document should conform to PDF/A format.
- PDF/A Compliance Level: Sets the required level of PDF/A compliance
- Culture Name: Set the culture for the documents prior to conversion. Please refer to the Culture Names article for a list of supported cultures.
The final action count is determined using the following calculation:
Convert Mail Message (1) + (No. of Attachments Converted to PDF) = Total Operation Count
For example, converting an email message which contained 48 PDF attachments;
1 + 0 = 1 action
For example, converting an email message which contained 48 PDF attachments which are then converted to PDF before merging:
1 + 48 = 49 actions
The 'Convert Mail Message' flow action returns the following data.
Action Specific Return Values
- File Content - The PDF document (Base64)
Standard Return Values
- OperationId - The unique ID assigned to this operation.
- HttpStatusCode - The HTTP Status code for the response.
- HttpStatusMessage - The HTTP Status message for the response.
- Errors - An array of error messages should an error occur.
- Operation Status - Indicates whether the operation has completed, has been queued or has failed.