The 'Image Clean Up (Document)' Power Automate action provides differing options to clean and optimise an image. This action is best used with images of documents, for example a scanned page. If you need to clean-up/optimise a photo based image please refer to the Image Clean Up (Photo) action.
The following image file formats are supported:
The default 'Image Clean Up (Document)' flow action parameters are detailed below:
- Filename: The filename of the source PDF document (including the file extension)
- File Content: A Base64 encoded representation of the PDF document
- Clean Operations: Configures which 'Clean Operations' should be executed.
By default the 'Clean Operations' setting is set to 'Default' which will apply the following clean-up operations:
- Deskew - Detects the skew angle and rotates to remove that skew
- Despeckle - Automatically detects speckles and removes them
- Auto Rotate - Automatically detects orientation and rotates so that the text is upright oriented
The advanced 'Image Clean Up (Document)' flow action parameters are detailed below:
NOTE: These settings will only apply when the 'Clean Operations' value is set to ''Specific"
- Rotate - Automatically detects orientation and rotates so that the text is upright oriented
- Rotate Confidence Level - Sets the minimum confidence percentage (0 to 100) used to control whether the rotation is applied
- Deskew - Detects the skew angle and rotates to remove that skew.
- Despeckle - Automatically detects speckles and removes them.
- Adjust Brightness and Contrast - This action analyzes an image and automatically adjusts brightness and contrast based on the analysis.
- Remove Border - Locates border pixels and removes the pixels from the image.
- Smooth Background - This works only on color and grayscale images. This operation smoothes background colors to eliminate or de-emphasize noise.
- Smooth Objects - This only works on bitonal images, it looks at groups of pixels, and finds isolated bumps and pits in the edges of those objects, and fills them in.
- Remove Dot Shading - This action will remove shaded regions from bitonal images.
- Image Detergent - Image Detergent works by changing pixels of similar color values to a central color value, which has the result of smoothing the image wherever regions of those colors appear.
- Average Filter - Performs a 3x3 Average filter smoothing operation on the image, placing the output in the center of the window.
- Remove Hole Punch - Detects and removes hole punch marks from a bitonal image.
- Binarize - Computes all necessary parameters by analyzing the input data before actually performing the binarization. The algorithm is tuned to typical document images, consisting of dark text on brighter background. It is robust to shadows, noise and background images.
The 'Image Clean Up (Document)' flow action returns the following data.
Action Specific Return Values
- Filename - The filename of the image file
- File Content - The file content of the image file
Standard Return Values
- OperationId - The unique ID assigned to this operation.
- HttpStatusCode - The HTTP Status code for the response.
- HttpStatusMessage - The HTTP Status message for the response.
- Errors - An array of error messages should an error occur.
- Operation Status - Indicates whether the operation has completed, has been queued or has failed.